Donate items to benefit the men and women served at Austin Street Center!
March 2020: We are asking for monetary and in-kind donations because of adjustments Austin Street Center is having to make because of the COVID-19 outbreak in North Texas. We have an increased demand for staffing due to the current restriction on volunteers, as well as a plan to transition the oldest and medically vulnerable clients to motels, based on our ability.
Donation drop-off is available Monday-Friday, 9-5, and Saturday-Sunday, 9-3 at 2929 Hickory Street, Dallas 75226.
Please, no children’s items or household goods. Clothing donations should be clean and in good condition. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide donation pick up.
Our Immediate Needs:
- Monetary Donations
- Meals (to be dropped off for staff to serve). We have dates available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in March, April, and May. Contact Libby Card at Libby.Card@austinstreet.org for more information.
- Disposable Gloves (extra-large, food-safe, powder-free, latex-free)
- Lysol Disinfectant Spray
- Clorox Bleach
- Sanitizing Wipes (must contain 60% alcohol)
- Hand Sanitizers (must contain 60% alcohol)
- Antibacterial Hand Soap (individual container or refill bottle)
- Ground coffee
- Bottled Water
- New underwear of all sizes for men and women
- Depends underwear of all sizes for men and women
- Cough drops
- Cold and flu medicine
- Disposable razors
- Towels (new or gently used)
- Twin-size Blankets or Throws
- Shoes (for men and women), preferably tennis shoes
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Help us make it GREAT! Breakfast is served EARLY at Austin Street, and we need your help to make it as delicious and filling as possible.
Gift cards to Sam’s Club and Walmart can also go a long way toward helping us purchase these items!