Donate items to benefit the men and women served at Austin Street Center!
We are asking for monetary and in-kind donations because of adjustments Austin Street Center has made with the COVID-19 outbreak in North Texas. We have an increased demand for staffing due to the current restriction on volunteers, as well as a plan to transition the oldest and medically vulnerable clients to motels, based on our ability.
Donation drop-off is available Monday-Friday, 9-5, and Saturday-Sunday, 9-3 at 2929 Hickory Street, Dallas 75226.
Please, no children’s items or household goods. Clothing donations should be clean and in good condition. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide donation pick up.
Our Immediate Needs:
- Monetary Donations
- Meals (to be dropped off for staff to serve). We have dates filled through May for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Contact Libby Card at Libby.Card@austinstreet.org for more information.
- Sanitizing Wipes (must contain 60% alcohol)
- Antibacterial Hand Soap (individual container or refill bottle)
- Clamshell Take-Out Food Containers (to use for serving meals). See Amazon Wish List
- Medical: Benadryl, Neosporin, Band-aids
- New underwear of all sizes for men and women
- Disposable razors
- Towels (new or gently used)
- Twin-size Blankets or Throws
- Short-sleeved t-shirts (for men and women)
- Shoes (for men and women), preferably tennis shoes and shower shoes
Gift cards to Sam’s Club, Walmart and Target can also go a long way toward helping us purchase these items!