Are you wondering what you can do to help at Austin Street?
Our Immediate Needs:
- Ground cofee
- New underwear of all sizes for men and women
- Depends underwear of all sizes for men and women
- Cough drops
- Cold and flu medicine
- Disposable razors
- Towels (new or gently used)
- Shoes (for men and women), preferably tennis shoes
It’s the most important meal of the day… help us make it GREAT!
Breakfast is served EARLY at Austin Street, and we need your help to make it as delicious and filling as possible. Here are some items that would go a long way to starting our clients’ days off on the right foot!
- Gift cards to Sam’s and Walmart can also go a long way toward helping us purchase these items!
Help us create Starter Kits for clients moving into their own apartments!
Imagine moving into a new home … there’s a lot of stress, a lot of excitement, and a lot of work to be done. Now imagine moving in without any of those basic things you need to fully function in your new space. That’s the reality for many of our clients who move from Austin Street and into a home. But YOU can help! We are collecting these items to provide a strong start to men and women whose lives are starting over. You can use this as a shopping list and donate a full kit, or buy one or two items to help us stock up.
- Health and Cleanliness: Laundry basket, Trash Can, Laundry Soap, 2 Bars of Soap, Medication Organizer, Broom, Dust Pan, Disinfectant, and Hygiene Kit (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant)
- Bathroom: Shower Curtain Liner, Shower Curtain Rings, Bath Towel, Washcloth, 2 Rolls of Toilet Paper
- Kitchen: “My New Home” Mug, 4 Plates, 4 Cups, 4 Forks, 4 Butter Knives, 4 Spoons, 4 Steak Knives, Can Opener, Kitchen Towel, Skillet, Sauce Pan, Spatula, Serving Spoon, 4 Food Storage Containers, 1 Roll of Paper Towels
- Bedroom: Radio Alarm Clock, Pillow, Blanket, Sheets (Twin or Full), 10 Hangers
Donation drop-off is available Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00, and Saturday-Sunday, 8:00-3:00 at 2929 Hickory Street.
Please, no children’s items or household goods. Clothing donations should be clean and in good condition. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide donation pick up.