Austin Street Center recognizes that COVID-19 continues to be a threat to the homeless community and we remain vigilant in taking the necessary safeguards and precautions. We work very closely with authorities at the Dallas County Health Department in concert with guidance from the CDC.
Click the headings below to read our previous announcements.
Current COVID-19 information and policies
- Masks are required for all.
- Client intake is conducted through referral only.
- Religious services are suspended.
- On-site volunteer opportunities are limited and must be pre-approved.
- Donation drop-offs must be pre-scheduled.
Contact Libby Card, Community & Donor Relations Manager, at 214-295-9361 or firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteer or donation information.
- Austin Street Center conducts COVID-19 testing for all clients
- Austin Street Center adjusts work schedules in response to COVID-19
- Austin Street Center conducts another round of COVID-19 testing
- Austin Street Center conducts proactive COVID-19 testing
- Church of the Incarnation donates shelter partitions
- Austin Street Center takes additional health and safety measures
- Hill and Wilkinson donate shelter partitions
- Austin Street Center changes from night shelter to 24-hour shelter
- Austin Street Center’s Commitment to Community During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Preparing for a Potential Coronavirus Outbreak in North Texas