Austin Street Center is an emergency, overnight shelter for men, ages 45 and older, and women, ages 18 and older, experiencing homelessness. Nightly availability is determined on a first-come, first-served basis from the beginning of intake until 6 p.m.
Check out our RESOURCE LIST
- Women’s intake: 2 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m. Sunday
- Men’s intake: 2 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday
- Guests must provide valid state or federal government I.D.
- Guests are allowed a maximum of two bags, each weighing a maximum of 25 lbs.
Each client served through Austin Street Center has access to:
- Basic Needs: Daily Walk-In Emergency Shelter (A safe place to sleep, with meals, showers, clothing, and hygiene products)
- Education and Employment Resource Center
- Computer Lab
- Mental & Medical Health Care
- Substance Use Recovery
- Benefits Navigation
- Housing Focused Case Management
- Spiritual Support (If desired)
- Diversion Services to prevent homelessness
Clients may also participate in housing-coordination programs and receive individual case management to help end their homelessness.
Austin Street Center believes community collaboration is vital to meeting the needs of Dallas’ homeless. As a result, we partner with multiple organizations in order to provide our clients with needed resources and services.
On-site partnerships include: IPS, NTBHA, Parkland HOMES, Dallas Metrocare Services, Dallas County Health and Human Services, Veterans Administration, City of Dallas Office of Homeless Solutions, CitySquare, AA/NA, APPA, Military Veteran’s Peer Network, North Texas Food Bank, and more.