Hours: 10:00am – 6:00pm, Monday – Friday
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Director of Education and Employment
Program: Emergency shelter for homeless men and women
At Austin Street, we know someone needs four critical things to get off the streets and into a home: identification, income, information, and inspiration! For our clients who are looking to get employment, a job can be very difficult to find. A tough criminal background, poor work history, or just the stress of the job search process can put incredible roadblocks in the way. The Resource Coordinator assists such clients to make the job search process as seamless and user-friendly as possible to help them get employment as fast as possible. This position will be the compassionate face of Austin Street both to clients with high barriers who wish to find employment and housing and to outside partners wishing to assist those clients. We are looking for a computer-savvy, energetic person with out-of-this-world customer service skills who is as comfortable conversing with stressed-out, vulnerable homeless clients as they are with a professional in a pantsuit. Does this describe you? If so, you might be a great fit for Austin Street!
- Complete employment screenings, job plans, and connect clients to outside employment partners
- Ensure all employment-related services are logged appropriately into our recordkeeping system
- Deliver employment-based skills training and supportive services to clients enrolled in the Education and Employment Resource Center
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver’s License or State ID
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds. Tasks may involve bending, lifting, and carrying heavy items.
- Customer service skills, especially when working with “difficult” customers
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Work or volunteer experience in the homeless services field
- Professional experience in staffing, human resources, or business-related fields
- Bilingual in Spanish
- College coursework in Human Services field (psychology, sociology, social work, etc.)
- CPR-AED-First Aid Training
Qualified individuals please send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.