Supervisor: Senior Director of Advancement
Employment Status: Full time exempt
Typical Hours: Business hours, events as needed
With the leadership, guidance, strategic direction and close working relationship with the Senior Director of Advancement, Austin Street Center seeks an experienced, highly-motivated, goal-oriented and energetic fundraiser with a proven track record of closing annual and major gifts. The Development Officer is responsible for the management of a well-coordinated, strategic plan to cultivate and secure support from private foundations, corporate foundations and individual prospects. This position will work as a member of the Advancement team, leading Austin Street Center’s effort to secure annual operating and capital funding from assigned portfolio, inclusive of individuals and foundation prospects through strategic research, cultivation, grant preparation and implementation, and stewardship activities targeted at these entities. In concert with division colleagues, the Development Officer creates, implements, and monitors strategic work plans in support of annual operating and capital funding priorities that maintain and grow revenue streams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain an annual strategic plan, including determining fundraising objectives, with an emphasis on discovery and research efforts to effectively build the prospect pipeline.
• Create and manage annual fundraising plans in partnership with the Senior Director of Advancement.
• Identify, research, and build strategic partnerships with assigned portfolio, inclusive of various foundations and other prospects in support of Austin Street Center’s mission, initiatives and programs.
• Work closely with proposal development and development and strategy of assigned prospects.
• Review requests for proposals and submit grant applications and proposals to private sources.
• Manage, facilitate and supervise contributed revenue activities of renewals, prospecting and compliance reporting.
• Develop, manage, and evaluate a grants toolkit process that can be utilized by the development team.
• Prepare reports (both internal and external) as required by funders, at the request of Austin Street Center’s leadership, or in alignment with Austin Street Center’s reporting systems and revenue goals.
• Monitor grant awards including grant agreements, reporting, and compliance requirements.
• Conduct stewardship and cultivation activities to build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with funders.
• Maintain timely and necessary database records, files, reports, and resource materials pertinent to government and foundation activities within Raiser’s Edge.
• Create and maintain systems that promote good working relationships with program staff to ensure clear and timely communication for grant proposal development and/or reporting requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. • Four to six years experience preferred.
• Goal-oriented and committed to non-profit philosophy.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
• Competitive fundraising experience with a demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals that utilize logic models and evaluation plans.
• Demonstrate flexibility in working together as a team member for the common goals of Austin Street Center, including tasks outside of this job description.
• Demonstrates adaptability to performing a variety of duties, occasionally changing from one task to another of a different nature with minimal loss of efficiency or composure.
• Keen attention to detail and strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to multitask and work under pressure within strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge.
• Desire to support those who are hurting and are among the vulnerable population.
• Composed, professional, and pleasant demeanor toward others.
• Has the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, both orally and in writing.
• Possesses and demonstrates excellent integrity.
• Strong team player and self-starter.
• Adheres to code of ethics of Association of Fundraising Professionals
• Donor centered mentality.
• Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes.
In this and any position at Austin Street Center, it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that can and will be made on an employee. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the person who holds this important position and for the successful operation of Austin Street Center services.
Qualified Individuals: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Austin Street Center prohibits discrimination against current staff or applicants on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Austin Street Center is an equal opportunity employer.