Job Title: Data Specialist
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Advancement
For 37 years, Austin Street Center has specialized in caring for the most vulnerable homeless men and women in Dallas. Beyond meeting basic needs, Austin Street is committed to individualized care for each person who comes to us for help. Our goal is that every homeless person who comes to Austin Street Center finds hope, support, and the resources they need to transition out of homelessness.
The role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
• Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
• Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willingness attitude to help
• Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
• Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
• Ability to work well independently while maintaining strong collaborative relationships throughout the organization
• Passionate and genuine service-oriented disposition
• Innovative strategies for networking, team building and growing revenue streams
• Visionary with a strong ability to represent boldly
• Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
• Creative problem-solver and ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Passion for the work and ability to effectively communicate the organization’s vision to a wide range of audiences
The Data Specialist will work with various departments ensuring the maximum quality of data entry and collection processes is completed. The purpose is to capture the impact and contribute to short and long-term strategic plans of Austin Street Center. The Data Specialist provides timely and real-time reporting & trend analysis of critical performance metrics, reconciles funding targets with on the ground results, and consults organizational leadership with the very best intelligence possible to make evidence-based decisions that lead us to delivering best practices.
• Serve as the Data Quality Officer of record for Austin Street Center.
• Ensure that data entered is timely, accurate, and complete and that collection methods are in keeping with best practices to the maximum extent practicable.
• Monitor and respond to MDHA HMIS Data Quality reports, and perform maximum effort to get the best scores possible for our agency.
• Develop and maintain the ASC Data Collection Protocol, in collaboration with leadership.
• Train all departments in proper data entry protocols and monitor quality and quantity of HMIS data entry from all departments.
• Review sources of data to ensure that the daily client count is maintained with total accuracy on a daily basis.
• Collate data into established reports for grant funding and operational analysis
• Enter raw data into report paradigms as assigned. This may include such tasks as entering survey data from clients into a spreadsheet designed to collate and publish the data.
• Reports to be completed include but are not limited to:
• Grant-specific reports (HCC, ESG, CoC, EFSP, etc.)
• Advancement Grant Outcomes Report
• Shelter Utilization
• CNM-Pact Portal Data Submission
• Input data into and monitor rapid re-housing program performance reports on a weekly basis.
• Review the Continuum of Care Housing Priority List and ensure that all clients sent to the list are represented appropriately.
• Deliver monthly updates to leadership about performance toward their metrics. This will require development and use of advanced Excel and PowerPoint graphic analysis displays.
• Explore and propose new ways of using data to monitor and motivate performance, learning from best practices from around the country.
Skills / Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required (field of study business, mathematics or statistics preferred)
• Experience in data collection and analysis preferred
• Past professional or volunteer experience in working with people experiencing deep poverty or homelessness preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written communication
• Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
Qualified Individuals: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Austin Street Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.