Location: Austin Street Center
Supervisor: Director of Corporate and Community Relations
Employment Status: Full time exempt
Typical Hours: 40 hours per week; some weekends and evenings required.
With the leadership, guidance, strategic direction and close working relationship with the Director of Corporate and Community Relations, the Community Relations Coordinator will be responsible for the management of a well-coordinated, viable and sustainable volunteer program. The Community Relations Coordinator will further support all aspects of Austin Street Center’s Volunteer Program, ensuring this program supports organizational effectiveness, while delivering a positive and impactful volunteer experience. This position is responsible for recruitment, placement, retention, policy and procedure enhancement, project coordination, calendar management, relationship management, volunteer stewardship activities, presentations, and an overall assessment of Austin Street Center’s Volunteer Core.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage volunteer recruitment activities, orientation, training, and scheduling, as appropriate.
• Ensures volunteer groups and/or individuals are apprised of the requirement of their specific duties, including adequate staffing, procurement requirement and other related service needs.
• Manages all volunteer related activities through the designated Volunteer Management Software, to include scheduling, project management, volunteer opportunities, service hours and other information as appropriate.
• Communicates effectively with ASC internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner, further ensuring volunteers are scheduled efficiently to support operational, programmatic and administrative teams.
• Serves as an ASC Ambassador, involved in speaking engagements, presentations, recruitment fairs and site tours.
• Provides legendary and superior service to prospective and existing volunteers.
• Develops and manages viable volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of service.
• Creates, reviews and updates volunteer opportunities and position responsibilities.
• Works in collaboration with ASC team members to assess specific service needs, that can be fulfilled by volunteers.
• Serves as the point of contact for volunteer inquiries and communication, including onsite volunteer service.
• Works directly with volunteers to resolve grievances and promotes a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
• Organizes and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events.
• Work closely with team members to identify potential volunteer service projects.
• Work with Communications Manager to publicize volunteer needs and opportunities.
• Assists with other Advancement initiatives, projects and activities.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
• 2 years’ experience preferred.
• Excellent organization and operational skills.
• Keen attention to detail and strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to individuals and groups.
• Strong interpersonal skills: to deal with a diverse range of people.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
• Demonstrate flexibility in working together as a team member for the common goals of Austin Street Center, including tasks outside of this job description.
• Demonstrates adaptability to performing a variety of duties, occasionally changing from one task to another of a different nature with minimal loss of efficiency or composure.
• Goal oriented; must be able to multitask and work within strict deadlines.
• Desire to support hurting and vulnerable populations.
• Composed, professional, and pleasant demeanor toward others.
• Possesses and demonstrates excellent integrity.
• Strong team player and self-starter.
• Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes.
In this and any position at Austin Street Center it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that can and will be made on an employee. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the person who holds this important position and for the successful operation of Austin Street Center services.
Qualified Individuals: Please send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Austin Street Center prohibits discrimination against current staff or applicants on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Austin Street Center is an equal opportunity employer.