Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Director of Community Integration
Department: Client Services
The Client Transition Specialist is a team member dedicated to finding affordable units, negotiating lease requirements, ensuring unit quality, and procuring all the items someone needs to feel “at home” in their new home, making the transition back to home as seamless and user-friendly as possible. We are looking for an organized, calm, socially savvy team player with incredible negotiation and organization skills to help our clients navigate the logistics required to obtain and maintain a safe, decent, and affordable place to call home.
• Utilize online resources as well as local housing navigation networks to locate and communicate affordable rental units
• Assist clients in the shelter or our rapid re-housing program to find a suitable unit
• Negotiate with rental property managers and owners to secure units despite difficulties in qualifying for the units
• Procure furniture and household items necessary for the client to fully move into a unit
• Arrange logistics of client lease signing and move-in
• Complete necessary inspection and rent reasonableness checks according to federal requirements to ensure habitability and affordability of the units secured
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and clean driving record
• Current state-mandated vehicle insurance
• Ability to lift 25-40 pounds. Tasks may involve bending, lifting, and carrying heavy items
• Customer service skills, especially when working with “difficult” customers
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Additional Experience a Plus:
• Degree or licensure in real estate or sales preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Military service
Qualified individuals, please send a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Austin Street Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.