Program: Emergency shelter for homeless men and women
Case Aides provide critical support and assistance to Case Managers, Program Managers, and Operations Staff to ensure the highest efficiency and effectiveness of shelter operations and finding fast, effective solutions to our clients’ homelessness. This position combines administrative support such as data entry and phone calls with direct client care through screening and referral for services inside and outside of the shelter. We are looking for computer-savvy, energetic people with out-of-this-world customer service skills who are the ultimate team players and want to make a real difference every day. This position is perfect for someone fascinated with homelessness but who does not yet possess a degree in the field.
• Shelter Support services, including performing client intake, sorting and posting mail received, and providing general services such as referrals and letters of residency to assist clients in completing their move-out plan.
• Program Support services, including logging program participation, keeping caseloads current, performing quality control checks on client volunteer assignments, and making check-in calls to update community housing resources.
• Shelter Navigation services, including assisting clients in obtaining food stamps, state benefits, and identification cards, as well as other items critical to our clients obtaining housing as quickly and permanently as possible.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Texas Driver’s License or State ID
• Ability to lift 25-40 pounds. Tasks may involve bending, lifting, and carrying heavy items.
• Customer service skills, especially when working with “difficult” customers
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Intermediate ability in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Additional Experience a Plus:
• Work or volunteer experience in the homeless services field
• Bilingual in Spanish
• College coursework in Human Services field (psychology, sociology, social work, etc.)
• CPR-AED-First Aid Training
• Military service
Qualified Individuals: Please send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Austin Street Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.