The Assistant Director of E2 leverages leadership and management skills to monitor and continuously improve services provided to a large number of people experiencing homelessness on a weekly basis. This position will lead and manage the E2 Team and cultivate contacts and relationships with partner organizations all over Dallas County. We are looking for a forward-thinking leader with incredible relational savviness, emotional intelligence, expansive vision, and detail orientation who is eager to make a permanent impact upon a large number of individuals.
• Support over a dozen current service provider partners as well as cultivate new partnerships in the community.
• Develop and execute user-friendly processes for clients to access services easily and effectively.
• Manage a team of staff and interns dedicated to assisting a large number of clients to obtain employment and connect to other resources necessary to end their homeless experience.
• Coordinate events to deliver a large amount of services in a concentrated period of time.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Management, or Business with 1-3 years of management experience preferred.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work/Nonprofit Management or related field from an accredited college or university is highly desired.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
• Previous experience with employment support and/or social services preferred
• Ability to communicate proactively and effectively, both orally and in written communication
• Experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to multi-task between various projects simultaneously
• Ability to remain positive, motivated, and kind toward a demanding clientele
• Intermediate to advanced skill or experience in Microsoft Office Software, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Valid Texas Driver’s License or State ID
• Ability to lift 25-40 pounds. Tasks may involve bending, lifting, and carrying heavy items.
• Customer service skills, especially when working with “difficult” customers
Qualified Individuals: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Austin Street Center is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.