Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Director of Client Solutions and Strategy
Program: Community Integration Team
The Assistant Director of Community Integration will lead a new and innovative team at Austin Street Center. Once our clients have successfully engaged a housing plan to end their homelessness, they need a fast and smooth exit from the shelter and support to make that exit stick…permanently! This position will supervise a team of Client Transition Specialists that locate housing resources and facilitate smooth move-outs as well as Case Managers who provide field-based support to stabilize our clients’ housing and prevent recidivism back into homelessness. In addition, this position will intake clients into our Rapid Re-Housing program (RRH) and administer the ongoing rental assistance to those clients.
This is a clutch position in a brand-new area of services for our agency. We are looking for a detail-oriented leader with a massive heart for service, great team leadership skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit who is eager to shove off into uncharted territory to make an unprecedented impact upon people experiencing homelessness.
• Manage client intake and rental assistance for the largest Rapid Re-Housing program in the history of Dallas County.
• Supervise a team 6-7 field-based professionals charged with reducing clients’ return to shelter and homelessness through the briefest interventions possible.
• Work closely with the Continuum of Care lead agency’s Coordinated Access System to source clients for all RRH programming.
• Maintain dedicated compliance with all funding regulations for programming.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Management, or Business with 1-3 years of management experience preferred
• Master’s Degree in Social Work/Nonprofit Management or related field from an accredited college or university is highly desired
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
• Previous experience with managing housing programs and/or social services
• Ability to communicate proactively and effectively, both orally and in written communication
• Experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to multi-task between various projects simultaneously
• Ability to remain positive, motivated, and kind toward a demanding clientele
• Intermediate to advanced skill or experience in Microsoft Office Software, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Valid Texas Driver’s License or State ID
• Ability to lift 25-40 pounds. Tasks may involve bending, lifting, and carrying heavy items.
• Excellent customer service skills, especially when working with “difficult” customers
Qualified Individuals: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Austin Street Center prohibits discrimination against current staff or applicants on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Austin Street Center is an equal opportunity employer.