Work with Us.
Current job openings:
Case Aide (2 positions open)
Hours: 12:00pm-8:00pm, Tuesday-Saturday, or 12:00pm-8:00pm, Friday-Tuesday
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Programs
Program: Emergency shelter for homeless men and women
Case Aides provide critical support and assistance to Case Managers, Program Managers, and Operations Staff to ensure the highest efficiency and effectiveness of shelter operations and finding fast, effective solutions to our clients’ homelessness. This position combines administrative support such as data entry and phone calls with direct client care through benefits navigation services. We are looking for computer-savvy, energetic people with out-of-this-world customer service skills who are the ultimate team players and want to make a real difference every day. This position is perfect for someone fascinated with homelessness but who does not yet possess a degree in the field.
- Shelter Support services, including performing client intake, sorting and posting mail received, and providing general services like bus passes and letters of residency to assist clients in completing their housing plan.
- Program Support services, including logging program participation, keeping caseloads current in Microsoft Excel, performing quality control checks on client volunteer assignments, and making check-in calls to update community housing resources.
- Benefits Navigation services, including assisting clients in obtaining food stamps, state benefits, and identification cards, as well as other items critical to our clients obtaining housing as quickly and permanently as possible.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver’s License or State ID
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds. Tasks may involve bending, lifting, and carrying heavy items.
- Customer service skills, especially when working with “difficult” customers
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Adherence to agency philosophies regarding homelessness and poverty
Additional Experience a Plus:
- Work or volunteer experience in the homeless services field
- Bilingual in Spanish
- College coursework in Human Services field (psychology, sociology, social work, etc.)
- CPR-AED-First Aid Training
- Military service
In this and any position at Austin Street Center it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that can and will be made on an employee. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the person who holds this important position and for the successful operation of Austin Street Center services.
Qualified individuals please send resume to email@example.com.